So we’ve been dragging our feet on this series for one of a number of reasons (some minor, some of import, one of which we hope to be able to announce in the near future) and have fallen behind.Â Next on the schedule was the BVR discussion (Beyond Visual Range) and it was while doing some research for that topic that we stumbled across the following videos.Â Lex also notes the same with germane commentary.Â As a refresher, we provide a link to the RAND study in question.
Interesting couple of videos here.Â No neat maneuvering jets or poster shots.Â Just a professional talking the trade to fellow professionals.Â Pat attention – there are lots of interesting nuggets in there about what many consider to be the most capable fighter out there not wearing US colors – the Su-30MkI.Â Defearting an enemy with thrust-vectoring jets, AESA vs ESA, jamming – even susceptibility to FOD. And for my Hummer buds (and AWACS controllers) listen up when he starts talking about the Bison, this is directed as much at the controllers as the fighters…
“F-22 doesn’t carry enough missiles – we’re going to have to close to guns…”
Comments re. F-35 near the end of video 2 are — telling.
Article Series - Future of Air War
- Of Wargames, JSFs and Baby Seals (Part I)
- Is the F-35 the Next DDG-1000? – UPDATED
- Of Wargames, JSFs and Baby Seals (II)
- Of Wargames, JSF and Baby Seals (III)
- F-35 Slated for Common Electronic Attack Platform?
- Bulava Fails Latest Test – Lessons for US?
- E-2D Advanced Hawkeye – Death By A Thousand Cuts?
- Boeing Unveils the F-15SE ‘Silent Eagle’
- More Hawkeye Pics
- Stand-up of the Navy Air and Missile Defense Command (NAMDC)
- A JSF Program Re-Structuring on the Horizon?
- E-2D Update: Progress Report and Hawkeye BMD?
- Fifth Generation Fighters – The Competition Casts Its Ballot (UPDATED)
- Some More Observations on the Sukhoi PAK-FA
- ÐšÑ€Ð°ÑÐ½Ð°Ñ Ð·Ð²ÐµÐ·Ð´Ð° Ð²Ñ‚Ð¾Ñ€Ð½Ð¸Ðº: Red Star Tuesday — Overhauling Russia’s Air Force
- De-constructing Sukhoi’s PAK-FA
- Let’s Talk Integrated Air and Missile Defense
- Progress – However You Measure It
- Thought for the Day
- Close Air Support Aircraft Find Renewed Interest
- IAMD Acquisition Updates: E-2D Advanced Hawkeye and SM-3 Blk IIB
- Fighter Deal of the Century: Europe – 2, USA – 0
- Steeljaws Airborne Again?
- â™«â™¬ Oh When the Drone is Called Up Yonder… â™¬â™«