Arriving in the mail today — the E-2D IOT&E patch. IOT&E (Initial Operational Test & Evaluation) is a critical milestone event for the E-2D program. Conducted by VX-1, operating out of Pax River, IOT&E provides an opportunity to test the aircraft and weapons system in a more dynamic environment than what was present for developmental testing. With all that is on VX-1′s plate (including programs for the P-3C and the new P-8A platform plus those already underway for the C-2A and E-2C) VAW-120 (the Fleet Replacement Squadron for the C-2A(R), E-2C and E-2D) has joined VX-1 crews in the six-month evaluation period.
So where’s the Steeljaw link? Check out the patch again – and then the below:
(h/t Pioneer ONE)
Article Series - Future of Air War
- Of Wargames, JSFs and Baby Seals (Part I)
- Is the F-35 the Next DDG-1000? – UPDATED
- Of Wargames, JSFs and Baby Seals (II)
- Of Wargames, JSF and Baby Seals (III)
- F-35 Slated for Common Electronic Attack Platform?
- Bulava Fails Latest Test – Lessons for US?
- E-2D Advanced Hawkeye – Death By A Thousand Cuts?
- Boeing Unveils the F-15SE ‘Silent Eagle’
- More Hawkeye Pics
- Stand-up of the Navy Air and Missile Defense Command (NAMDC)
- A JSF Program Re-Structuring on the Horizon?
- E-2D Update: Progress Report and Hawkeye BMD?
- Fifth Generation Fighters – The Competition Casts Its Ballot (UPDATED)
- Some More Observations on the Sukhoi PAK-FA
- Красная звезда вторник: Red Star Tuesday — Overhauling Russia’s Air Force
- De-constructing Sukhoi’s PAK-FA
- Let’s Talk Integrated Air and Missile Defense
- Progress – However You Measure It
- Thought for the Day
- Close Air Support Aircraft Find Renewed Interest
- IAMD Acquisition Updates: E-2D Advanced Hawkeye and SM-3 Blk IIB
- Fighter Deal of the Century: Europe – 2, USA – 0
- Steeljaws Airborne Again?
- ♫♬ Oh When the Drone is Called Up Yonder… ♬♫